WestInvest Gesellschaft für Investmentfonds mbH
Member of the Deka Group since 2004

WestInvest was established as a subsidiary of WestLB in April 1989 under the name Rheinisch-Westfälische Grundstücks-Investment GmbH (RWGI) and was renamed WestInvest Gesellschaft für Investmentfonds mbH in 1998. It has been a member of the Deka Group since 2004, with DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale currently holding an interest of 94.9%. The remaining 5.1% is held by WIV GmbH & Co. Beteiligungs KG, which has its registered office in Frankfurt am Main. DekaBank also holds a 94.9% interest in WIV GmbH & Co. Beteiligungs KG.
Its product range includes open-ended real estate mutual funds and institutional special AIFs with fixed investment terms.
WestInvest can look back on more than 30 years of experience in the management of open-ended real estate funds. The Company has proven its innovativeness a number of times during this period by launching new types of products. The management company was, for example, a pioneer in the industry when it introduced the principle of funds inflow management for the first time in its concept for WestInvest InterSelect. It still remains a benchmark for the entire industry today and the concept is widely adopted as the cash-call principle. WestInvest was also a pioneer in 2003 when it launched an open-ended real estate mutual fund, WestInvest ImmoValue, specifically for institutional investors.

Supervisory Board

Chairman: Dr. Matthias Danne
Member of the Board of Management of DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale, Frankfurt am Main

Westlnvest Gesellschaft für Investmentfonds mbH (WestInvest) management board


Ulrich Bäcker

Managing Director, Real Estate Management
Joined Deka in 2000
Ulrich Bäcker is a Managing Director of WestInvest Gesellschaft für Investmentfonds mbH and Deka Immobilien Investment GmbH and is responsible for Global Real Estate Management. As part of this role, he has been responsible for comprehensive asset management for more than 500 properties on five continents since 2007.
Bäcker joined DekaBank in 2000 and was initially the Head of Service & Logistics and Real Estate Management for the Bank as well as Managing Director for Group property companies. In these functions, he was responsible for the acquisition and sale of Group properties, plus asset, property and facilities management. Before joining Deka, he held a variety of management positions at Dun & Bradstreet and Gesellschaft für Zahlungssysteme. Ulrich Bäcker trained as an industrial manager and computer scientist, specialising in business.


Burkhard Dallosch

Managing Director, CRO/COO
Joined Deka in 2009
Burkhard Dallosch has been a Managing Director of WestInvest Gesellschaft für Investmentfonds mbH and Deka Immobilien Investment GmbH since 2009. As COO/CRO, he is responsible for the Organisation, Risk and Finance divisions of the DekaBank Real Estate business division.
The business economist has more than 30 years of experience in the finance and real estate industries. His previous positions included head of Wohnungsbauförderanstalt (housing promotion agency — Wfa) for the state development bank of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW Bank), CRO/CFO for a mortgage bank and head of a foreign branch of a major bank with responsibility for the Czech Republic and Slovakia.


Esteban de Lope Fend

Managing Director, Real Estate Fund Management
Joined Deka in 2002
Esteban de Lope Fend has been a Managing Director of WestInvest Gesellschaft für Investmentfonds mbH and Deka Immobilien Investment GmbH since 2020 and is responsible for fund management, product development and sales support.
He has held a variety of positions at Deka since 2002, most recently as Head of Real Estate Fund Management for open-ended retail real estate funds. Prior to this, he spent almost ten years as a Fund Manager responsible for the real estate mutual funds Deka-ImmobilienGlobal and Deka-ImmobilienEuropa. Before joining Deka, he worked as a construction and project manager at a variety of real estate and construction companies.
Esteban de Lope Fend is a Certified International Investment Analyst and holds degrees in Civil Engineering from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Industrial Engineering from the University of Freiberg and Real Estate Economics (ebs). He is also a certified Financial Analyst (DFVA). He has been a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) since 2005.